Sorry again to my followers I seemed to have slipped by the wayside again. To be honest I haven’t been crafting a great deal lately what with work and family I really haven’t had the time. I have to make an effort and make the time, hopefully this should be a little easier as I am going to be spending some time with my Mum soon so it will be fun to craft together.
I did spend yesterday afternoon having some “me” time at the Paperterie in Aberdeen, I watched Sue Wilson do a couple of demos (and hopefully helped her with her camera) and then spent a couple of hours in a workshop with Julia Watts where we made this wonderful card.
I had a great time and was very pleased with my results. Thank you to both Sue and Julia for coming all the way up to Aberdeen and to the Papeterie for hosting the event.
I was asked to make a birthday card for a little chap who’s birthday is on Halloween. Our sponsor over at the Crafty Bloggers Network this month is Stitchy Bear digital stamps and I found this really cool little guy to work with:
As a few of you may know, I like to watch shows on Create and Craft TV and last week was no exception. On Saturday, the lovely talented Kathryn Sturrock was doing a show with clay, I am so glad I recorded it because she made the cutest frog. I decided that I would have a go at recreating it and here is the result:
I realise he is a bit old looking as the clay had dried out a little bit but I think he is quite cute and not bad for a first attempt. I cant wait to get the cloud clay I ordered so I can see what the difference is between that and the Martha Stewart clay that I used here.
If you get the chance to see Kathryn demo then do watch as she explains things really well and does a really good job.
Today I have for you a clock made by Gina’s designs decorated using the papers from my warehouse box from Prima. The box I got was packed full of goodies and in amongst it were some wonderful papers which as usual I didn’t want to give away (we have all been there I’m sure) so I decided to use them to decorate my clock with.
I decided that the second hand really wasn’t the right colour (bright red lol) so I coloured it with copics (alcohol pens) and distress paint. The feathers are covered with wow embossing powder as is the string along I used.
Hi everyone, I have the front of my Art Journal to show you today. I have been taking part in a group on Facebook called Journal 52. Each week we get a prompt and make an art journal page using that prompt as inspiration. I have been thinking about art journaling for a wee while now and this kind of gave me a shove in the right direction. I have 4 pages inside this binder which I may or may not share over the next few weeks.
I glued the chipboard and letters onto the binder cover, added a layer of creased tissue paper and then applied gesso once it was all dry. I painted the whole thing with vintage photo distress paint and then scraped some broken china distress paint over the chipboard and letters using a sponge. I then applied gilding wax to the raised parts to define them again. The steampunk lady was decorated using Distress paint and embossing enamel and powder.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Hi bloggers, I have a fairly clean and simple card for you today (well it is for me anyway) I came across the Love Cube cutting file by Bird quite by accident but I am really glad as it is great.
I cut the word from some red mirror card and placed it on a white card blank that I had embossed. To create the silver heart I triple embossed some silver WOW embossing powder and stamped my Clarity Heart stamp into it whilst it was hot and then cut it out.
Challenges I have entered this card into:
Hi blog friends, today I have a wall hanging for you using one of my Prima Doll stamps (I love these cute dolls they are so much fun) and chipboard shapes from Gina’s Designs
I painted a piece of card from an empty box using Distress paints and left it to dry. I made the dimensional flowers by stamping my Chocolate Baroque flower stamps and embossing onto coloured vellum and I added a bit of extra colour with gel sticks in order to match them to the paints, then I cut them out and layered them up fixing with a brad.
I stamped out the Prima Doll and then her dress onto some patterned paper and stamped a couple of flowers onto the dress before cutting them out and assembling her.
Once the paint on the cardboard was dry I added stamped flowers in a really light colour before adding the doll and flowers with glue. The “dream” frame is a chipboard piece from Gina’s Designs Delicate Frames & Ornaments Shape Set which I painted with distress paint and then used an embossing pen to cover each bit and then I embossed each section before moving onto the next, in order to achieve the different colours. The fern is from the Fern Fronds set and I used distress ink to colour it.