Today I am sharing with you this cute teacher gift for Phillip’s P6 teacher who he said has been the “best teacher ever”. I cut the file for the box on my silhouette along with the pinwheels and the name for the chocolate bar.
I got the idea for it from Deann’s video class over at Ginas Designs
I am very privileged to have been asked to do a couple of guest DT spots for Chocolate Baroque. I have a wonderful stamp set to work with and for my first project I have used a chipboard clock from Gina’s designs. and the Autumn Poppy stamp sheet below.
I painted the clock with blue Cosmic Shimmer matt chalk paint then again with their crackle medium and finally used the pink matt chalk paint. I stamped and embossed the poppies onto the back of the clock and then used mica powders to paint the poppies and butterfly. I then assembled the clock and added the flowers and butterfly.
Please do check out the blog over at Chocolate Baroque for more fabulous ideas using this stamp set.
As a few of you may know, I like to watch shows on Create and Craft TV and last week was no exception. On Saturday, the lovely talented Kathryn Sturrock was doing a show with clay, I am so glad I recorded it because she made the cutest frog. I decided that I would have a go at recreating it and here is the result:
I realise he is a bit old looking as the clay had dried out a little bit but I think he is quite cute and not bad for a first attempt. I cant wait to get the cloud clay I ordered so I can see what the difference is between that and the Martha Stewart clay that I used here.
If you get the chance to see Kathryn demo then do watch as she explains things really well and does a really good job.
Today I have for you a clock made by Gina’s designs decorated using the papers from my warehouse box from Prima. The box I got was packed full of goodies and in amongst it were some wonderful papers which as usual I didn’t want to give away (we have all been there I’m sure) so I decided to use them to decorate my clock with.
I decided that the second hand really wasn’t the right colour (bright red lol) so I coloured it with copics (alcohol pens) and distress paint. The feathers are covered with wow embossing powder as is the string along I used.
Hi blog friends, today I have a wall hanging for you using one of my Prima Doll stamps (I love these cute dolls they are so much fun) and chipboard shapes from Gina’s Designs
I painted a piece of card from an empty box using Distress paints and left it to dry. I made the dimensional flowers by stamping my Chocolate Baroque flower stamps and embossing onto coloured vellum and I added a bit of extra colour with gel sticks in order to match them to the paints, then I cut them out and layered them up fixing with a brad.
I stamped out the Prima Doll and then her dress onto some patterned paper and stamped a couple of flowers onto the dress before cutting them out and assembling her.
Once the paint on the cardboard was dry I added stamped flowers in a really light colour before adding the doll and flowers with glue. The “dream” frame is a chipboard piece from Gina’s Designs Delicate Frames & Ornaments Shape Set which I painted with distress paint and then used an embossing pen to cover each bit and then I embossed each section before moving onto the next, in order to achieve the different colours. The fern is from the Fern Fronds set and I used distress ink to colour it.
Hi Bloggers, today I have for you a box I have made using my delicious Typography papers from Graphic 45 that I got this month. I needed a box for my record cards, so I went ahead and made myself one, the index cards are made by cutting up the alphabet paper to create the indexing part (warning, there is no “o” on the paper!)
Typography paper by Graphic 45
Steampunk Shape Set
Hinge Straps Shape Set
Cardstock Doily Set Steampunk
Beads and buttons from my stash
Hi bloggers, here is a project I made with all the little scraps from my typography papers as the background to the canvas (Hels Sheridan calls it paper blocking and I love the idea, thanks Hels). I used the Typography stamps to add some more interest to the background. The paper roses are made using spellbinders and Marianne dies. The pen is from one of the Typography stamp sets, stamped in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.
I am going to be doing a class on this one in February over at Cullen Crafts.
First of all I would like to wish all my followers a very happy and healthy 2014. We had a very quiet Hogmanay this year so I was able to do some crafting before the bells and here is the result from 2 angles (ok so I finished a little of it off this morning 🙂 )
I had seen a lamp similar on the web somewhere, quite a while ago now, and I decided I wanted to make one so I took a couple of bits of card and stamped them with the small flowers from a set of Chocolate Baroque stamps (sadly no longer available but Sunny Sunflowers would work) using versamark ink, then I embossed them. I repeated the process with a diferent flower and used mica powders on them. I then made a template (actually to be fair my Bestie made the template for me!) and cut out all the pieces and decorated them. On the acetate for the shade I stamped more of the flowers and coloured them with alcohol pens. I do wish I could get a decent “lit up” picture as the light shining through the flowers is so cool!
I know, I know and bit of a corny title but I really couldn’t resist it 🙂 The Freebie Friday this week over at the Gina’s Designs blog is a file to allow you to make a cracker. I made mine with an autumn feel but they would make super Halloween treats for the kids, just fill them with some sweeties and you are good to go.