No nothing as exciting or clever as getting a degree, sorry about that. I have been taking part in the Creative Chemistry classes as part of Tim Holtz’s Summer of Creative Chemistry and I am having a blast. Its great fun and I can thoroughly recommend it. I have finally graduated in the Chemistry 101 class.
Here are some of my technique tags
These are from Day 3 – Archival Ink Uses
These from Day 4 – Re-inkers & Maintenance
And these from Day 5 – Spray Inks & Stains
I finally got round to making one of Tim holtz’s tags of 2016 in the same month as it was posted so I can enter it on his page for July.
I used my silhouette to cut the “Sunshine” and the tag and then the word hello as I havent got any dies like the ones Tim used.
I used the Distress micro glaze over the top of my stamped images, what cool stuff that is!
I sent the tag to a friend of mine who hasnt been well recently and I’m glad to say she loved it 🙂
Today I have for you a clock made by Gina’s designs decorated using the papers from my warehouse box from Prima. The box I got was packed full of goodies and in amongst it were some wonderful papers which as usual I didn’t want to give away (we have all been there I’m sure) so I decided to use them to decorate my clock with.
I decided that the second hand really wasn’t the right colour (bright red lol) so I coloured it with copics (alcohol pens) and distress paint. The feathers are covered with wow embossing powder as is the string along I used.
OK I know, I didnt last very long with my promise of blogging once a week did I? I must try harder!
Here is a new Instructable that I have written and I would love it if you go and take a peek
Whilst you are there check out Deann’s Book box and Kim’s shadow box as they are fabulous!
Hi there bloggers, as promised, here are some of my pages from my art journal so far:
Hi everyone, I have the front of my Art Journal to show you today. I have been taking part in a group on Facebook called Journal 52. Each week we get a prompt and make an art journal page using that prompt as inspiration. I have been thinking about art journaling for a wee while now and this kind of gave me a shove in the right direction. I have 4 pages inside this binder which I may or may not share over the next few weeks.
I glued the chipboard and letters onto the binder cover, added a layer of creased tissue paper and then applied gesso once it was all dry. I painted the whole thing with vintage photo distress paint and then scraped some broken china distress paint over the chipboard and letters using a sponge. I then applied gilding wax to the raised parts to define them again. The steampunk lady was decorated using Distress paint and embossing enamel and powder.
Gina’s Designs : Steampunk Lady, Gears, String alongs -Steampunk
Martha Stewart Paper clay
Vintage Taupe and Shabby Blue embossing enamel
Verdigris WOW embossing powder
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Hi blog friends, today I have a wall hanging for you using one of my Prima Doll stamps (I love these cute dolls they are so much fun) and chipboard shapes from Gina’s Designs
I painted a piece of card from an empty box using Distress paints and left it to dry. I made the dimensional flowers by stamping my Chocolate Baroque flower stamps and embossing onto coloured vellum and I added a bit of extra colour with gel sticks in order to match them to the paints, then I cut them out and layered them up fixing with a brad.
I stamped out the Prima Doll and then her dress onto some patterned paper and stamped a couple of flowers onto the dress before cutting them out and assembling her.
Once the paint on the cardboard was dry I added stamped flowers in a really light colour before adding the doll and flowers with glue. The “dream” frame is a chipboard piece from Gina’s Designs Delicate Frames & Ornaments Shape Set which I painted with distress paint and then used an embossing pen to cover each bit and then I embossed each section before moving onto the next, in order to achieve the different colours. The fern is from the Fern Fronds set and I used distress ink to colour it.
Hi Bloggers, today I have for you a box I have made using my delicious Typography papers from Graphic 45 that I got this month. I needed a box for my record cards, so I went ahead and made myself one, the index cards are made by cutting up the alphabet paper to create the indexing part (warning, there is no “o” on the paper!)
Typography paper by Graphic 45
Steampunk Shape Set
Hinge Straps Shape Set
Cardstock Doily Set Steampunk
Beads and buttons from my stash
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Hi bloggers, here is a project I made with all the little scraps from my typography papers as the background to the canvas (Hels Sheridan calls it paper blocking and I love the idea, thanks Hels). I used the Typography stamps to add some more interest to the background. The paper roses are made using spellbinders and Marianne dies. The pen is from one of the Typography stamp sets, stamped in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.
I am going to be doing a class on this one in February over at Cullen Crafts.
4 Crafty Girls Challenge #9 – Anything Goes
Creative Moments – Anything Goes
The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge – Anything Goes